Music is an important part of worship at Kimberley United Church. Our choir is a small but energetic group that provides music leadership on a weekly basis by leading in the singing of hymns and service music. The choir also sings occasional anthems, and has traditionally prepared and performed a Cantata for the Christmas season.
We are looking for a choir director who can provide leadership to this choir.
Here is the present job description for this position.
Choir Director: Kimberley United Church
- Able to conduct music, read music, and demonstrate passages to all members of the choir.
- Good skills at organization and time management.
- Good personal communication skills.
- Meet and rehearse with choir weekly, with additional rehearsals as needed for special music, especially at Christmas and Easter.
- Arrive at church early every Sunday for pre-service rehearsal and lead choir during the service.
- Meet with minister and accompanist to coordinate music needs for each Sunday.
- Lead choir at funerals and weddings and other occasions on request, if possible.
- Consult with the Worship committee regarding purchase of music.
- This position is for 9 months/year, Mid-September – Mid-June.
- Pay is $320.00/month (including vacation pay)
- This is for a term of 1 year, to be renewed annually on mutual agreement
(June 2013, approved by KUC Council).
If you are interested in this position please contact us at
or call Jim Andrews (250) 427-7935